Spoon HQ

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Old fashioned Christmas spirit


Last night as I walked towards Petersham Nurseries the heavens opened. My make-up ran down my neck and into my wellies, my muddy but still handsome wool-lined Ilse Jacobsen's. The tree was up, the lights were on, the flares down the lane were flickering; but would anyone brave the rain and straddle the puddles to join us at the first of Petersham Nurseries two annual Christmas Markets (the next one will take place on Wednesday 9 December).

The Ripeno choir resplendent in their red woollen scarves + one member in lilac (?) took up their position amongst the fragrant plants and beautiful antiques. The kitchen, Skye Gyngell's kitchen, sent out freshly made Cox's toffee apples, brandy butter topped mince pies, steaming jugs of organic spiced apple juice and heart-stoppingly rich hot chocolate .....



Happily there were many, many braver souls than me. And as the choir's voices soared, the greenhouses bustled .....


And as a slightly quirky aside Petersham Nurseries' chef Tito sampled cheese and mostada at the same time...


As I mentioned above they'll be another Christmas Market with the Ripeno choir at Petersham Nurseries on Wednesday 9th November. For details click here.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home